Texas Funding Eligibility
Texas provides opportunities for students to receive additional monies.
- Be a Texas Resident
- Be a US Citizen, eligible noncitizen or be certified as HB 1403 eligible
- Show financial need
- Have a high school diploma, final high school transcript with a graduation date or GED
- Be registered with the Selective Service (males 18-25 years of age) or provide documentation of exemption
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hour
Eligibility and application for specific sources of state financial aid information can be found below.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Specific Program Eligibility and Application
This state grant has limited funding and is awarded on first-come, first-served basis to eligible students. Students interested in this grant must complete the FAFSA.
The TEOG is a need-based grant for students enrolled in a two-year Texas public college.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR TEOG
- Have an Estimated Family Contribution of not more than $5,711 as determined on the FAFSA
- Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance
To renew, students must meet all the above and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Students that are classified as a Texas Resident who cannot apply for federal financial aid using the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are encouraged to complete the TASFA.
- Proof of registration with Selective Service (males only)
- Submit the TASFA directly to Midland with supporting income documentation (copy of your income tax transcript(s) for the requested year/tax return)
- Texas Resident
- Show financial need
- Have lived in Texas for 36 months prior to high school graduation
TASFA Application Deadline
Fall – July 1
Spring – November 15
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.