Applications and all documents must be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall Semester: July 15th
- Spring Semester: November 15th
- Summer Session Admission will not be granted
Complete the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
HELPFUL Tips for completing the application
Complete the application for the semester that you intend to register.
Profile & Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee in U.S. currency (by check on U.S. bank account, money order, or credit card)
- Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay
the processing of your application. If you do not have a SSN, complete the form at
the provided link:
SSN Update Form
Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided
in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder!
International Application Packet
All international students must complete and submit International Application Packet:
International Application Packet (pdf)
Those applying within the U.S. wishing to transfer to MC, must also submit:
- A copy of the front page of your passport showing your name and country of origin
- A copy of the U.S. visa page of your passport
- A copy of your I-94
- A copy of your current I-20
- Complete the MC Non-Immigrant Status Form:
An insurance policy may be purchased after your Visa is approved. Midland College cannot recommend a particular company but we recommend that you pick the one that best fits your budget. The insurance policy must include medical evacuation and repatriation to your home country, in the event this becomes necessary. Below are 3 companies that meet the requirements and have been used by Midland College students however you may use other companies that meet the requirements.
Submit/upload all required documents via the International Document Upload Form:
International Document Upload Form
Submit official transcripts from schools previously attended, which includes all high school and colleges attended. All transcripts from non-US schools must be evaluated by one of the member agencies at www.naces.org/members.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit the information to the evaluator and pay the required fee. Midland College will not consider the evaluation official or transfer credit unless the evaluated transcript has been received directly from the evaluation agency.
- High school transcripts must be evaluated via the general option.
- College transcripts must be evaluated via the comprehensive or course-by-course option.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Updates
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
International Students Must demonstrate proficiency of the English language
Acceptable tests and cut-off scores that a student from a non-English speaking country can use:
- TOEFL 61 on the internet based test
- IELTS 6
- TSI Assessment with the following scores: ELAR score of 945 with an essay score of 5, or less than a 945 with a diagnostic score of 5 with essay score of 5
- SAT EBRW 480
- ACT 19 on the English test
- CLEP 50 with essay on the English test
- International Baccalaureate Program 4 on the English A1 Higher Level (HL) exam
When receiving near passing scores, the International Student Advisor may select a panel of Midland College employees to further evaluate English proficiency based on interview conversations, transcripts showing English instruction, and other English proficiency tests or writing samples.
Tests of English are not required of students from English speaking countries attending
as a general students. However, certain health science majors may require specific
TOEFL scores to be admitted.
TSI (Placement) testing requirement for registration
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI Assessment test scores or proof of exemption or waiver prior to enrolling.
Not all students need to take the TSI Assessment. Previous academics, military service, and other tests may exempt you. Detailed information on these exemptions and TSI assessment are located on the TSI Information & Requirements page.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
SEXUAL ASSAULT POLICY ORIENTATION
Texas Education Code requires that Midland College provide each entering freshman or transfer student an orientation on the institution's campus sexual assault policy. Midland College provides this orientation in a web format. Please select the link below to complete this registration requirement. Students that do not complete the orientation will not be able to register for classes.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before
Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of
New Student Orientation
Once approved by the U.S. Government to study at MC, here are the Registration Steps:
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If you do not remember your MC ID, complete the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- MC does not take payments via phone
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan
- Students on an F-1 visa pay out-of-state tuition in most cases
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Account Creation
MC Student Email accounts are created 1-4 days after completing the MC application.
It may take longer if the college is closed for holidays.
For your email address, password, and link to account, visit the Student Email page.
Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up with your MC email account for quick, easy access.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or email@example.com