Next Session: Fall 2021
PHARMACY TECH COURSE (PHRA 1091)
Our comprehensive course prepares students to enter the pharmacy field to work in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies, and other health care settings under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. Basic math comprehension is recommended.
- medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- reading and interpreting prescriptions
- defining drugs by generic and brand names
- dosage calculations
- I.V. flow rates
- drug compounding
- dose conversions
- dispensing of prescriptions
- inventory control, billing, and reimbursement
Upon Completion of Course
Course will prepare student to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's PTCB exam (not included in course).
Learn More Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College!