The Behavioral Health Technician Certificate provides graduates the mental/behavioral health knowledge and skills along with the ability to implement essential care for individuals in a variety of mental health and developmental situations and settings. Graduates of this program are eligible to test for certification as Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT) through the National Career Certification Board.
Join Our Program
Click links below for details
JULY 1 - APPLICATION DUE DATE
Advisement for prospective students will take place throughout the year. All applicants must complete all requirements to be considered for admission. All items must be in the applicant’s file by July 15th. Early application submissions are encouraged.
- Must be 18 years of age by September 1.
- Negative result of 10-panel drug screen negative result is required.
- Maintain current health insurance coverage throughout the program.
- In accordance with Title 25, Texas Administrative Code §97.64, all Health Sciences
students are required to have the following immunizations before they may engage in
the course activities which will involve direct patient contact with potential exposure
to blood or bodily fluids in educational and medical facilities.
- Hepatitis B
- Measles Mumps-Rubella – MMR
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis – TDAP (expires after 10 years)
- Bacterial Meningitis (if required, according to Texas Enrollment Requirements, as listed in the Midland College Catalog)\
- Clinical Affiliates require students to provide proof of the following, annually:
- Influenza vaccine (seasonally (October 1- March 31
- Tuberculosis screening (P.P.D. skin test or the QFT-Gold blood test is required. If there is a history of positive skin test, results of a current chest x-ray demonstrating clearance are required.)
Apply to Midland College
Complete the Health Sciences General Application and select the Mental Health Technician (Certificate) box under Health Sciences.
Submit Transcripts to MC Registrar's Office
- High School Transcript or GED certificate - Submit an official High School transcript or GED certificate to the Midland College
- College Transcript(s) - Submit official transcripts of all colleges attended to the Midland College Registrar's Office.
Send official transcripts electronically to email@example.com or mail to:
Midland College Records
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, TX 79705
|Ethics for Social Service Professionals
|Introduction to Social Work
|Mental Health Services Technician
|Principles of Behavior Management
The first 20 Accepted for 2024-25 = Completely Scholarship Funded
APPLY FOR GENERAL SCHOLARSHIPS THROUGH THE FINANCIAL AID PORTAL
The student's FAFSA or TAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA or TAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student needs to complete the FAFSA OR TAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete the general scholarship application.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Licensing body for this program: National Career Certification Board
Davidson Family Health Science Building
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.