Time to Graduate?
Students are encouraged to apply for graduation the semester before they plan to graduate. Having the requirements checked, allows students to finalize their course selection before the last semester. However, if students miss this window, they may apply early in the semester in which they will graduate. Posted deadlines can be found in the academic calendar.
How to Apply
- Sign into the My MC Portal
- Select the "Students" tab
- On the left side of the Students page, in the left-hand navigation, click on "Transcripts and Forms"
- On the right side of the "Transcripts and Forms" page, in the "Student Forms" section, select "Graduation Application"
Students who will complete requirements for their program should apply as soon as possible but no later than the end of the term requirements will be completed.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the difference?
It is important that candidates and families understand the difference between "participating in the graduation ceremony” (walking across the stage) and "graduating” (receiving a diploma).
Midland College traditionally holds a Graduation Ceremony each May. Students who graduate In December, May, July or August are invited to participate in the ceremony as long as they have met the following requirements:
- Have 6 or less semester credit hours remaining for graduation
- Met TSI requirements and has a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at MC
Students are considered “Graduated” once all degree/certificate requirements are met. Diplomas should be ready 3-4 weeks after the last day of the spring semester and will be mailed to your permanent address unless an alternate address was provided on the graduation application.
DID YOU KNOW?
Students who graduate from Midland College and plan to pursue a bachelor degree at a four-year public university in Texas, may be eligible for a Graduating Sophomore Scholarship.