Joining Our Program
- Apply to Midland College
MC Application & Enrollment Info
- Complete the Sonography Program Application and Criminal History Background Check
Sonography Admission Packet (pdf)
- Satisfy requirements for Texas Success Initiative (TSI):
Texas Success Initiative
- Take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) and score minimum level
MC Testing Center
- Complete Clinical Site visit
- Completion of the following immunizations:
Mumps-Measles-Rubella (MMR, 2 doses)
Hepatitis B (3 doses)
Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 doses or verification of disease
Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis (Tdap) - 1 dose within the last 10 years
- Completion of the following courses with a minimum grade of “C” or above
PHYS 1415, Physical Science I or PHYS 1401, College Physics I
BIOL 2401, Anatomy and Physiology I
MATH 1314, College Algebra
ENGL 1301, Composition I
HPRS 1106, Essentials of Medical Terminology
Apply for Scholarships
To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
Class meets on campus one day per week during each semester.
Clinical is completed at the assigned clinical site 3 days per week from 8-5.
Students are required to maintain CPR license and personal health insurance throughout the duration of the program.
2015-2016 Program Outcomes
Job Placement: 90%
Credential Success Rates:
Abdominal/Superficial Structures: 100%
WHY STUDY SONOGRAPHY AT MC?
Interested in scheduling an Ultrasound with our students?
- Call (432) 685-5577 for an appointment
- You must have a doctor
- And be between 19-34 weeks gestation
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.