- Enrolling in courses for personal interest only and not seeking a certificate/degree at any institution of higher education?
- Requesting a waiver from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI)?
- Not intending to receive a certificate/degree from Midland College?
- Not intending to enroll on a permanent basis?
If you answered YES to All the above, follow these steps to apply to MC and register
Please note that casual students are:
- Limited to a maximum of two courses per semester (academically restricted courses are not eligible for enrollment).
- Classified with a major of Casual Student/No Degree. This major is not eligible to receive financial aid.
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
- Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 2 business days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If you do not remember your MC ID, complete the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
Casual Students do not qualify for financial aid or scholarships. To ensure that you are not dropped from your classes, make payment as soon as you are registered.
Senior Citizen Discount
Senior citizens may be exempt from the payment of general use fees when they enroll in credit classes. For more information, refer to the exemptions page.
Email Account Creation
MC Student Email accounts are created 1-4 days after completing the MC application.
It may take longer if the college is closed for holidays.
For your email address, password, and link to account, visit the Student Email page.
Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up with your MC email account for quick, easy access.