Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Go to our Financial Aid Portal, by clicking this link: Financial Aid Portal
- Log in using your SSN and Password. If this is your first time, click the "First Time User" link under the Submit button in the "Log In" box.
- Click the menu button at the top left-hand corner.
- Select the Scholarship Application.
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
- Some philosophy majors choose to continue their studies in graduate school, and go
on to research and teach at universities, colleges, or high schools; however, most
work professionally in many other fields.
- Philosophy majors have some of the highest acceptance rates at medical and law schools
because of their thinking and communication skills.
- Philosophy students also find success in business as investors, stock brokers, marketers,
managers and editors.
- Because of their focus on logic, many philosophy majors today have made careers for
themselves with technology companies, who see the connection between computer science
and human problem solving.
- Study in philosophy can be applied to just about any career because of the way it teaches you to work hard, communicate clearly, and most importantly, think critically about the world around you.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.