Our program goals are to increase student involvement through community service, provide student workshops that promote academic and personal success, and build a network of support for program participants.
The program will provide opportunities to enhance soft skills such as; leadership, communication, networking, as well as a scholarship opportunity.
Students interested in the First Generation Ambassadors Program must fit the following criteria.
- Participated in First Generation Initiative
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher
- Full-Time Student
- Application or recommendation by Advisor, Instructor, or High School Counselor
- Thank you letter to program funders
The First Generation Ambassador Program is a critical part of the Outreach and Advising Department. Ambassadors are passionate student leaders who represent Midland College by assisting with outreach and community events to foster a welcoming environment for prospective students.
- Responsible for Campus Tours
- Assisting with community and outreach events
- Attend training and professional development
- Attend mandatory meetings and workshops
- Maintain required 2.0 GPA [or higher] per semester
First Generation Ambassadors could be awarded up to $1000 scholarship per semester towards tuition, books, and/or room/board. Scholarships are awarded for up to 15 students selected to participate in the First Generation Ambassador Program.
The scholarship is only applicable for the Fall and Spring semesters; no summer or interim sessions are covered. Funds may not be exceeded or carried forward.
Interested in Joining?
For more information, contact Krystal Annankra, or if you would like to join the Midland College First Generation Ambassadors Program, contact your Pathways Advisor.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.