Closed at This Time
To be eligible for this scholarship, individuals must:
- Have received services at the Cogdell Learning Center beforehand
- Need financial assistance to begin or continue their education
- Complete an application and provide all information requested
- Be attending, or plan to attend, Midland College
- Be enrolling in at least 6 hours or more of college coursework (developmental and/or credit-bearing
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- If currently attending Midland College, student must be meeting requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Not have more than 93 hours attempted at Midland College
- Not be on federal financial aid suspension from Midland College, unless approved by the Scholarship Coordinator beforehand
Scholarship Selection Committee considers each applicant’s
- Educational and personal history/education and career goals/likelihood to persist and succeed in college
- Parents’ level of education
- Past/Current involvement with Cogdell Learning Center’s services/resources
- Steps taken to plan college attendance
- Demonstrated financial need
GATHER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS/FILES BEFORE SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION BELOW
1. Write a 1 to 2 page Essay Addressing the Following:
- Why do you want to go to college?
- What are your educational and career goals?
- What are your family and employment responsibilities?
- How will you fit college in with your other
- Why are you a good candidate for the scholarship?
- Please provide details about your academic ability, perseverance, dependability, interest in learning, personal goals, financial need, etc.
2. Collect Two Letters of Recommendation
Ask someone you know (not a relative) to write a letter of recommendation for this
scholarship application. Midland College employees who work at the Cogdell Learning
Center are eligible to write letters of recommendation, with the exception of the
Outreach & Bill Pace Cogdell Scholarship Coordinator and Director of Community Services.
Ideally, this person has known you as a student, employee, or volunteer and can identify
the qualities and traits that make you a good candidate for this scholarship. Do not
wait until the last minute to request this letter.
3. Official Transcript
4. Proof of Completed FAFSA or TASFA
A copy of the first 2 pages of the Student Aid Report (SAR), obtained after the FAFSA is complete.
To create FAFSA SAR:
- After you receive the email from FAFSA stating your 2021-2022 FAFSA has been successfully processed
- Login to www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Click the thin blue line labeled Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click PDF button
- Save the PDF to your computer, not your phone
Provide copy of 2019 Tax Return Transcript, which may be obtained online at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-829-1040 or the local IRS Office at (432) 686-9977.
5. Complete and Turn-In Application with all supporting documents in person At:
Cogdell Learning Center
201 W. Florida Avenue
Midland, Texas 79701
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.