Summer Intern Housing
What You Need to Know
Rooms are reserved upon:
- Receipt of your application and valid state driver’s license or Passport
- $220 deposit + $1,055 down for partial payment OR $220 deposit + $2,110 for full payment (Total cost for summer housing $2,330)
- Valid meningitis shot record (unless you are 23 years of age or older)
- Cleared background check (Anyone with a conviction for a felony, Class A Misdemeanor or Class B Misdemeanor, or pending charges at this level are ineligible to live on campus).
Room space is confirmed upon receipt of deposit, application, and passing your background
check. You will receive a confirmation email. Based on availability all rooms are
double occupancy; if there is space for single rooms there will be a $500 charge for
a private room added to your account. All Interns are housed with another summer intern
based on gender.
The $200 deposit will NOT be refunded if:
- If you sign a contract with us to move in and do not fulfill your contract
- If you find other housing options and do not request your refund in writing prior to June 1
- Do not follow proper check out procedures
- Leave your room without cleaning it properly
- Room damage not previously reported
- Any other reasons listed in the housing rules and regulations.
All residents are required to provide a receipt of FULL payment to the front desk of the residence hall at check-in time. Please plan accordingly with the summer hours at Midland College.
The summer hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. The cashier’s office can be reached at (432) 685-4531.
FULL PAYMENT must be received prior to move in.
All residents, including summer interns are expected to check-out properly as advised by the residence hall manager. Anyone who does not follow proper check-out procedures will be fined according to the housing rules and regulations, and Midland College reserves the right to any paid housing fees that might be refunded, depending on the time of move-out based on the records of your proper check-out. It may be based upon damages and other items that are assessed upon move-out.
The total cost for summer intern housing is $2,330.
The fee includes $20 background check fee, a non-refundable$200 deposit, and $2,110 housing use charge.
Housing costs include: room, utilities, and cable. Laundry facilities are located in the residence halls. Meals are not included.
The Jack E. Brown Dining Hall is open during the summer.
Dining Hall Hours
Breakfast 7 - 10 am
Lunch 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Dinner 5 - 6:30 pm
Midland College residence halls do not provide any creature comforts, including daily housekeeping services or toiletries for residents. Please come prepared, and bring the following items.
For the Room:
- Alarm clock
- Blanket, quilt, or comforter
- Light cleaning products
- Iron and ironing board
- Personal electronics
- Pillows and linens
For the Bathroom:
- Bathroom floor mats
- Personal care products (hair dryer, curling iron, hot rollers, etc.)
- Towels and wash cloths
- Toilette tissue
For the Laundry:
- Laundry basket or bag
- Detergent, bleach, softener, etc.
- Rolls of quarters for the washers (75¢) and dryers (75¢)
Miscellaneous Items to Consider Bringing:
- Can opener
- Percolator, coffee maker (no open coffee pot warmer)
- Refrigerator (not full size)
- Surge protectors
- Two-slice toaster
Due to Fire Laws, These Items Are Not Allowed:
- Candles (not even if they are for decoration)
- Cappuccino makers
- Coffee makers with open coffee pot warmer
- Coffee pots
- Crock Pots
- Cup warmers
- Electric Skillets
- Extension cords
- Halogen Light Fixtures
- Hot plates/Hot pots
- Incense/Potpourri burners (either with candle or electric plug)
- Popcorn poppers (unless made for microwave)
- Portable burners (w/coil heating element or gas)
- Soldering irons
- Toaster ovens
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.