Support Our Students (SOS)
The SOS program, funded by MC faculty and staff, helps MC students enrolled in credit courses stay in school by assisting them with emergency non-academic needs.
How to Get Help
Request Assistance from SOS
For Immediate Help/Community Referrals
Assistance from the SOS office is available only during business hours, and appointments must be scheduled. If you are unable to reach us, and you need help immediately, call 2-1-1 or visit the site to find local resources:
Texas Rent Relief
Meetings by Appointment Only
Shep Grinnan, LPC
Watch a video about MC student, Victoria, share how SOS helped her, and learn more about contacting an SOS Team Member...
The Language Hub at Midland College is the school's reading and writing center, where you can get help with any paper that you write for any MC class.
The Midland College Math Lab provides support to Midland College students taking math courses. Services include tutoring, small group instruction, study groups, MC Virtual Math Tutor, and Math Mentoring.
Tutoring services in a variety of fields are available on and off-campus, in-person and online.
- Accounting Tutor/Lab
- Medical Terminology Tutoring
- Technology Tutorials
English as a Second Language (ESL)
FREE classes for students wanting to improve their speaking, reading, writing, and listening English language skills.
GED Classes and testing
FREE classes for people 17 years of age and older who have not completed high school and preparing to take the Texas Certificate of High School test.
Career & Transfer Center
Get help defining your career and educational interest, assistance with and support of your studies toward that defined interest, and help to find a job that works around your school schedule.
Career Technical Education/Perkins Resources
The Carl D. Perkins Federal Grant provides assistance to Career Technical Education (CTE) students who have demonstrated financial need. Some resources offered are transportation, daycare, and book loans.
Midland College Fitness Center
Students have access to the equipment and gyms when the sports team are not having practice. Students can also checkout basketballs with their student ID, and return them before they leave.
The Accommodation Services Department at MC helps students with documented disabilities achieve these goals through services including advising, accommodations, and referral.
Midland College ALCOHOL & DRUG ABUSE COUNSELING (ADAC) CENTER
The ADAC Center focuses upon behavioral health and susbstance abuse issues. The sessions are held by advanced ADAC students and supervised by LPC staff at minimal costs
Mental Health Services
- Mental health assessments are conducted at the request of a student or faculty/staff member through the MC counseling department.
- Appointments can be made to meet with the counselor for an assessment and, if needed, a referral to an outside agency.
- MC works with various mental health providers to reduce wait times and cost, depending on the needs of the student.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Permian Basin Community Centers/Crisis Intervention/Suicide Prevention Hotline
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- LGBTQ Youth Hotline
- 2-1-1 Texas
Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program
The Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program is a realistic self-defense tactics and techniques class taught for women. In the class students learn:
- Basic principles of striking
- Basic principles of defense
- Offensive and defensive postures
- How to engage in real-life scenarios, wearing protective gear, against simulators
Interested? Contact the Midland College Police Department for more information
MC Police Department
Services offered by the Midland College Police Department include:
- Battery and flat-tire assistance
- Escort (available upon request)
- Lost and found
- Parking stickers
- Emergency action
(432) 685-4734 Office
(432) 686-4911 Emergency
Campus Police Department
Scharbauer Student Center
Helen L. Greathouse Children’s Center
Children 4 months to 5 years old are eligible.
- FREE for students: Haircuts, hairstyles, manicures, facials
- Discounted student prices for all other services
- Services available at the cosmetology center by practicing cosmetology students
- Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am - 4 pm
Dollye Neal Chapel
The Dollye Neal Chapel was created and endowed as “a place apart” on the Midland College campus for students, staff, faculty, friends and the community. While the Chapel has no religious affiliation, it serves as a venue for small events such as weddings, memorial, recitals or meetings, as well as a place for services and meditation, for groups and individuals.
All currently registered Midland College students now have a free Microsoft Office 365 account. Office 365 for Education includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams. In addition, students can install Access, Publisher, Skype for Business, and OneDrive for Business.
Midland Community Theatre
Located just a short walk from the Midland College main campus, Midland Community Theatre offers FREE tickets for their productions, with Midland College student ID.
|410 E. Florida Avenue, Midland, Texas
Dinner is served Monday through Friday, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Midland Soup Kitchen
|1401 Orchard Lane, Midland, Texas
Lunch is served Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
West Texas Food Bank
|1601 Westcliff Drive, Midland, Texas
|3311 Andrews Highway, Midland, Texas
Every second and fourth Saturday, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Offering five nights of shelter for women, men, and children. If further lodging is needed, a Social Worker will be provided
|300 South Baird, Midland, Texas
Family Promise of Midland, Texas, serves families experiencing the crisis of homelessness.
3500 North A, Suite 1400, Midland, Texas
For mothers and their children. Housing at no cost for up to 24 months, as well as services for non-residential clients. Individual case management with emphasis on accountability to a plan of personal goals.
|2400 Whitmire Blvd, #100, Midland, Texas
Midland Community Health Center
Midland Community Healthcare Services provides affordable, comprehensive, accessible, culturally appropriate, cost-effective primary healthcare to residents mainly in Midland County.
|801 E Florida Ave, Midland, Texas
Midland Life Center
The Life Center offers free pregnancy help to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy. Service include free pregnancy testing, prenatal classes and more.
|2101 W Wall Street, Midland, Texas
Midland County Health Department
Services offered by the Midland County Health Department include:
- Clinical Services
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Pregnancy Testing
- STI / HIV Testing and Treatment
- Tuberculosis Testing
|3303 W. Illinois Ave., Midland, Texas
Community Children's Clinic
We serve Midland County families by providing healthcare services to children ages 7 months to 18 years, who are still enrolled in school, are uninsured or under-insured and qualify as low-income.
1101 E. Front Street, Midland, Texas
S.H.A.R.E. (Sharing Hands, A Respite Experience) partners with all members of families where there are children with special needs, supporting their efforts to establish and maintain strong and successful families.
3500 North A Street, Suite 2500
Casa de Amigos
Services provided include:
- Emergency Food Pantry and Nutrition Center
- Kathryn’s Closet – free quality clothes for adults and children
- Holiday assistance – Thanksgiving and Christmas
- School supplies and backpacks
- Winter jackets for children
- Volunteer placement within the agency
- Information and referrals
|1101 Garden Lane, Midland, Texas
Workforce Solutions Permian Basin
Child Care Services helps income-eligible families find and pay for child care. You may qualify for financial assistance if all of the following apply:
- You need child care in order to work, attend school, or receive training. You must be working or enrolled in school or a training program for a minimum of 25 hours per week for a single-parent home or 50 hours per week for both parents in a two-parent home
- You live in the Permian Basin
- Your child is under the age of 13
|3600 N. Garfield
Midland College Technology Center, Room 138
MC thanks our Phi Theta Kappa students for compiling this list of resources!
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.