I am in High School
Legacy Scholars Program
Invest in yourself & your community
If You Are Still in High School
The Legacy Scholars Program (along with the Legacy Scholarship) is a student success, philanthropic, and leadership program. It has fantastic benefits, such as paying 100% of your tuition. To be considered, apply and submit all documentation by the deadline.
- Complete a COLLEGE application
- Complete a FAFSA application
- Complete a LEGACY SCHOLARS PROGRAM application
- Graduate from a high school in Midland County with at least a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 point scale) Upload your UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- Complete 40 hours of volunteer community service through LEGACY VOLUNTEER (YOU MUST SET UP AN ACCOUNT BEFORE VOLUNTEERING)
These steps can be completed in any order, but it is ideal to complete your ApplyTexas and FAFSA applications before completing the Legacy application. Students can begin accumulating volunteer hours beginning the summer following their junior year.
Submit Community Service Hours
If you have already applied to the Legacy Program, community service hours may be submitted by clicking the link below and completing the form.
It is always a good idea to get an early start and prepare for the Legacy Scholars Program:
- Complete the interest form to get email and text alerts.
- Monitor your Grade Point Average (GPA) and make sure that – by the time you graduate
high school – your GPA is at least a 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
Your high school can help you determine this and will likely post the 4.0 scale GPA on your interim report cards.
- Attend an information session about the Legacy Scholars Program. Contact email@example.com for upcoming session dates and times.
- Complete 40 hours of volunteer community service through LegacyVolunteer. You can start accumulating hours the summer after your junior year.
That’s it! As you enter your senior year of high school, you will begin submitting additional documentation and forms. But for now, just concentrate on your grades and your volunteer community service hours.
- Financial Assistance
Participating in the Legacy Scholars Program will pay all tuition and course-related fees. The Legacy Scholarship does not cover books or supplies.
- Success Coaching
You will be assigned a STRIVE Success Coach for your time at Midland College. This is a caring faculty or staff member who has been trained to help you advocate for yourself, keep yourself on track, and make sure you finish your program at Midland College as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Leadership Training
Exposure to leadership principles to prepare you to take charge, think strategically, grow your network, and motivate others.
- Philanthropic Development
Your understanding of nonprofits and charitable organizations will grow as you cultivate your understanding of being intentional about using your time, money, and energy to impact the wellness of your community.
Legacy Program Director