Legacy Volunteer Agencies
General InformationMidland College is grateful to partner with Midland Volunteer Connections, a service provided by the Warren Foundation. Midland Volunteer Connections will allow students to match interests with volunteer opportunities. All completed hours will be tracked through the system.
Steps for potential and returning legacy scholars
- Create a free account at
Midland Volunteer Connections
- Complete a profile indicating your interests.
- Select Legacy Scholars/Approved Organizations. PLEASE NOTE: Other agencies are members
of Midland Volunteer Connections, please make sure that the agency you volunteer with
is a Legacy approved organization. Hours from another agency will not be accepted.
- Browse the volunteer opportunities and sign up on Midland Volunteer Connections -
do not contact the agency directly or the hours won't log into the system.
- Once you complete the hours submit for approval to the agency.
- After you have completed 40 hours at an approved agency, print your volunteer resume and submit to the Legacy Advisor at Midland College.
steps for agencies interested in becoming approved for legacy
- Agencies must meet the following requirements:
- be an autonomous, 501(c)(3) charitable organization based in Midland County,
- demonstrate the ability to include volunteers (specifically student volunteers) in agency services; the hope is to have students as close to mission and direct client services as possible,
- have a formalized volunteer program, and
- provide services to the Midland community in one of the following categories: health and/or human services, arts, education, culture, emergency/crisis services.
- If the above requirements are met, submit an application.
- Applications are accepted between April 1st and May 15th each year.
- Reviews occur once per year.
- Approved agencies will be required to attend an orientation and become a member and active user of Midland Volunteer Connections. To sign up, visit:
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.