To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, the Department Chair for Education can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact the Department Chair for Education for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
Taking the next step
The associate degree in teaching can also serve as a foundation for continued studies at four-year colleges and universities. Students may use the associate degree to qualify for acceptance into a bachelor’s degree program in education. States require the bachelor’s degree in education for teacher licensing.
- Christa McAuliffe, Teacher, Challenger Astronaut (Bowie State University)
- Gene Simmons, Singer/Songwriter, Record and Television Producer (Sullivan County Community College, Richmond College)
- Krista Allen, Actress (Austin Community College, University of Texas-Austin)
- Kurt Angle, Professional Wrestler, Actor (Clarion University)
- Ron Jeremy, Actor, Filmmaker, Author (Queens College)
- Lowell Thomas, Writer, Broadcaster (Valparaiso University)
- Robert Gallery, Professional Football Player (University of Iowa)
- Judy Blume, Author (New York University)
- Dennis Hastert, Former U.S. Congressman and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Lobbyist, Teacher (Northern Illinois University)
When Lauren Elrod was little, she was always the teacher as she played pretend with her sister and cousin.
“I told my sister and cousin, ‘You can be a princess student, or a superstar student, but I am the teacher,’” recounted Elrod. “They would ask, ‘Can I be the teacher one time?’ And I would say firmly, ‘No, I am the teacher.’”
Lauren is making that childhood dream a reality. She graduated from Midland College in 2017 with an Associate of Arts in Teaching degree. She is now in her senior year at Texas Tech; she will graduate in Spring 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in PreK-6 Education with a Math and Science emphasis
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.