Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
How to Apply
- Login to your My MC Portal
- Click the Students tab
- Click the "Financial Aid Portal" link
- Under Log In, provide your Social Security Number and password. If you do not have a password, click the "First Time User" link at the bottom-right and follow prompts.
For additional general scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships
Missing the "Financial Aid Portal" link?
To have access to the Financial Aid portal and apply for scholarships, the student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid.
If the students FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
must fill out the FAFSA application first and once processed, will be able to complete
the general scholarship application.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, the Department Chair for Education can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact the Department Chair for Education for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
Whether you choose to teach elementary, middle, or high school, you will need to choose a content area. The options are endless, such as Math, History, Science, Government, Music, and so much more. A meeting with the Department Chair for Education will help you to choose the right courses for your field of study and pathway.
Taking the next step
The Associate of Arts in Teaching degree can also serve as a foundation for continued studies at four-year colleges and universities. Students may use the associate degree to qualify for acceptance into a bachelor’s degree program in education. States require the bachelor’s degree in education for teacher licensure.
- Christa McAuliffe, Teacher, Challenger Astronaut (Bowie State University)
- Gene Simmons, Singer/Songwriter, Record and Television Producer (Sullivan County Community College, Richmond College)
- Krista Allen, Actress (Austin Community College, University of Texas-Austin)
- Kurt Angle, Professional Wrestler, Actor (Clarion University)
- Ron Jeremy, Actor, Filmmaker, Author (Queens College)
- Lowell Thomas, Writer, Broadcaster (Valparaiso University)
- Robert Gallery, Professional Football Player (University of Iowa)
- Judy Blume, Author (New York University)
- Dennis Hastert, Former U.S. Congressman and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Lobbyist, Teacher (Northern Illinois University)
Maricela Guzman found herself in the situation
“Business was just not for me,” Guzman said.
Guzman received the Legacy Scholarship, which
When Lauren Elrod was little, she was always the
“I told my sister and cousin, ‘You can be a princess
Lauren is making that childhood dream a reality.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.