Business SystemsAdministrative Professional
Pursuing a Business Systems degree will provide marketable skills in these areas:
- Speaking – Talking to others
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking the right questions
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers
- Judgment and Decision Making – Thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Earning an AAS degree in Business Systems leads to a variety of career opportunities such as:
- Human Resources Assistant (excluding payroll and timekeeping)
- Legal Secretaries
- Brokerage Clerks
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Municipal Clerks
- Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Eligibility Interviewers, government programs
- Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Procurement Clerks
According to the Texas Workforce Commission, employment is projected to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software.
Students interested in any of the Business Systems options should contact the Business Studies Division office to formulate a sequence of courses to meet their individual needs.
Business Systems, A.A.S.
Administrative Assistant Certificate
Administrative Clerk Certificate
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
How to Apply
- Login to My MC Portal
- Click the Students tab
- Click the "Financial Aid Portal" link
- Under Log In, provide your Social Security Number and password. If you do not have a password, click the "First Time User" link at the bottom-right and follow prompts.
For additional general scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships
Missing the "Financial Aid Portal" link?
To have access to the Financial Aid portal and apply for scholarships, the student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid.
If the students FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
must fill out the FAFSA application first and once processed, will be able to complete
the general scholarship application.
Why study Business Systems at Midland College?
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.