Public Information • What's Happening at Your College
September 3, 2015
What's Happening at MC
MC to present bestselling, award-wining Freakonomist
The Davidson Distinguished Lecture Series at Midland College, and the MC Friends of the Series present Stephen J. Dubner - bestselling Freakonomics author, blogger, radio and TV personality - in a free lecture, September 24 at the Al G. Langford Chaparral Center.
• More on this event ...
The club scene at Your College
Club Fair at MC provided students an opportunity to connect with organizations at their college, and in their community in a traditional start to the new semester.
• Enjoy a photo album ...
Mastering the language of pizza, this Friday at The Hub …
Midland College students are cordially invited to a pizza party/meet-and-greet this Friday at the MC Language Hub, and learn about the free assistance available all this semester at the college’s reading and writing center.
• More on this event ...
… speaking of Friday … it’s “First Friday” at MC …
The Midland College science departments are kicking off their free science lecture series with a look at Professional Opportunities in the Health Science Field.
• More on this seminar ...
… and Friday night is “Veterans Night” at MC
The Midland College Veterans Club will meet this week. Please come join us for great information, good company and empowering community ... and FREE food!
• More on this meeting ...
Telling stories … this month at McCormick Gallery
MC has begun its observance of National Hispanic Heritage Month with an exhibit featuring the works of Chicana painter Marta Sanchez.
• More on this exhibit ...
The return of a classic
It’s time to register for the Fall 2015 edition of College Classics - courses designed especially for local residents who are 50 and older.
• More on College Classics at MC ...
• Fall 2015 College Classics schedule ... (Adobe .pdf file)
Double-dose of healthy courses at Community Programs CE
Improve your health in body and mind, and have fun doing it, through Community Programs Continuing Education.
• Restorative, meditative, "Healing Yoga" ...
• Make fitness fun with "Fitness Hula Hooping" ...
Continuing Education at MC
• MC Continuing Education Index
• Upcoming Classes at MC College Classics Continuing Education ... (Adobe .pdf file)
• Upcoming Classes at MC Community Programs Continuing Education
• Upcoming Classes at MC Health Sciences Continuing Education
• Upcoming Classes at MC Petroleum Professional Development Center
• Upcoming FREE Classes at MC Risk Management Institute
• Upcoming Classes at MC Transportation Training
• Upcoming Classes at MC Workforce Continuing Education
MC Public Information Office
Fasken Learning Resource Center, #230
Midland College, 3600 N. Garfield
Midland, Texas 79705